Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Welcome 2012 ALZ Stars!

Welcome runners, sponsors, and all those who care to seek a cure for Alzheimer's! I am Gary Kruger, a 3-time participant with the ALZ stars in the Hospital Hill Run 2009-11.  The first 2 years I ran the half-marathon and I have completed over 20 hospital hill half marathons,( actually I am not sure how many it is as it may be closer to 30) I have run 20 marathons with a Boston Marathon qualified for and run in 1996 with a marathon best of 3:15 at age 42. I am a life-time coach with Cross Country and track. I currently am the Head Coach of the Lee's Summit North Girls' Cross Country program. I have served in that capacity since 1995. We have been quite successful with a state championship in 2004, 14 years out of 16 years a State Team Qualifier for the Missouri State Cross Country Championships, 10 top ten finishes, 4 All State finishes, 2004, 3rd in 1998, 3rd in 2009 & 4th in 2010.

I have trained runners for 30 years with teams from Olathe South, Indian Trail Junior High, Frontier Trail Junior High and of course, Lee's Summit North High School. I have trained individuals as well in preparing for distances from a 5K to a marathon.

I am most happy to make your training experience work for you as your train to seek a cure for the cause of Alzheimer's. I have a personal reason for this quest. I have lost my mother to Alzheimer's and my mother-in-law as well to this tragic disease. So, I am sincere in helping you in any way with your training. Post any questions and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Coach K for the Cause Coach Gary Kruger

No comments:

Post a Comment